Tacos are a great meal for any summer gathering. A Mexican-inspired feast that’s perfect for sharing, these tacos combine a crunchy salad with a delicious spicy and sweet Pink Lady® salsa and succulent Cajun-spiced cod.
Lay everything out on the table and let family and friends build their own tasty tacos!
- To make the crunchy salad: combine the shredded cabbage, carrot, red onion and chopped coriander into a mixing bowl. Combine the red wine vinegar with the plain yogurt and mix. Stir the yogurt mix into the salad and thoroughly combine, then set aside to let the vinegar cook out the red onions and take the rawness out of them. Season the salad with salt and pepper.
- For the salsa: combine the cubed Pink Lady® apple, avocado, chopped chilli, sliced radishes and place into a bowl. Zest and juice a lime into the olive oil and mix. Pour the lime and olive oil onto the salsa and coat all the ingredients. Set aside.
- To make the tacos: Heat a griddle pan until very hot. Lightly coat one side of the corn tortillas with some oil and lay onto the hot griddle pan. Leave for about 20 seconds or until there are griddle marks, then take off the heat and lay onto a rolling pin and leave to cool to create the taco shape. Repeat with all the tortillas.
- Lastly season the cubed fish with the Cajun spice. Heat a non-stick pan and add 1tbsp rapeseed oil. Once the pan is hot, add the fish. Fry for a couple of minutes until the fish is cooked and crispy on the outside, before you turn off the heat add a squeeze of lemon to the pan to sizzle and steam. Remove the fish from the pan and place onto a serving plate.
- Fill your tacos with the crunchy salad, Pink Lady® salsa and fried fish. If you want extra heat, top with Tabasco sauce and a squeeze of lime for more tang.
Make it a real spread by serving Mexican roasted sweetcorn chowder to start!