Richard volunteers at Shelter from the Storm in London and he donated this recipe to Knorr’s Flavour For All project. He says, “When it’s cold outside, this quick and easy soup restores life and spreads warmth to people who’ve been on the streets all day.” Flavour For All is a new project which aims to give more than one million people easier access to nutritious flavoursome meals by 2020.
- Using a fork shred the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces.
- Peel the carrots, discarding the skin and still using the peeler, carefully peel thin strips along the whole length.
- Chop the spring onions finely.
- Chop the parsley and mix with the grated cheese.
- Bring the stock back to the boil in a saucepan, drop in the spaghetti and stir to make sure it does not stick together. Cook for 5min, then add the carrot, spring onion and the chicken.
- Cook for another 5-6min or until the pasta is done to your liking.
- Check seasoning, adding freshly-ground black pepper to taste or more stock if you like more broth.
- Ladle into warmed bowls. Sprinkle the cheese and parsley mixture on top. Delicious with a chunk of crusty bread.