WOW! This scrumptious dessert is a cross between summer pudding and bread and butter pudding – and it tastes amazing! Brioche Pasquier is a French family bakery founded in 1936. Here’s more information and recipes.
- Split the Pains au Lait in half and butter them lightly. Next, use a little butter to grease a 1.5 litre baking dish. Put the Pains au Lait into the dish and scatter the fruit on top.
- Beat together the eggs, milk, crème fraiche, sugar and vanilla extract. Allow a few minutes for the sugar to dissolve, then strain the mixture into the dish through a sieve, over the Pains au Lait.
- Cover the dish with cling film and allow stand for at least 30min. If you want to cook the pudding later, refrigerate until required.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, Fan Oven 160°C, Gas Mark 4.
- Remove the cling film from the pudding, then bake for 25-30min until set and golden brown. Cool for a few minutes. Sprinkle with a little extra caster sugar and serve with crème fraiche.
Cook’s tip: You can serve this pudding cold too – so you don’t have to eat it all at once!