Roasted squash pairs perfectly with chorizo and chickpeas in this warming and colourful salad dish. Quick and easy to make, this flavourful dish tastes great whether served hot or cold.
To make the salad:
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC, Fan Oven 170ºC, Gas Mark 5.
- Parboil the potatoes for 10min or until almost cooked but not quite, then drain and cool slightly.
- Halve the potatoes lengthways and toss in a large bowl with the butternut squash and unpeeled garlic cloves. Drizzle with 2tsp olive oil and season with a little sea salt and black pepper.
- Line a large baking tray with a piece of Bacofoil Non-Stick Foil – remember food should always touch the dull side to take advantage of the non-stick surface! Tip the vegetables into the tray and roast for 30min, carefully stirring half way through.
- Add the chorizo and chickpeas, stir, then roast for another 10min. Set aside to cool a little.
To make the dressing:
- Whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl or jug. Place the spinach leaves in a large serving bowl or platter and top with the roasted vegetables and chorizo, scatter the parsley leaves over the top.
- Drizzle with the dressing just before serving.