Now shops are awash with florals, brights and stylish stripes, remember your style rules before you splash the cash!
- Always buy clothing that fits, regardless of the number on the label. If it’s a tight fit, bulges will show.
- Correctly fitting underwear instantly improves any figure; try a bra-fitting service and invest in shapewear.
- Don’t hide under baggy tops; fitted ones can flatter curves.
- A wrapover dress is a great wardrobe staple; the v-neck breaks up a heavy top half, the belt nips in the waist and the A-line skirt will balance your figure and skim over bulges.
- Be clever with colour; dark colours minimise while light ones draw the eye.
- Vertical stripes and panels help give the illusion of a taller, slimmer shape.
- Make use of accessories – belts help define your waist, long scarves make a good “vertical” to break up your shape, while statement necklaces or earrings create a focal point.
Don’t miss our weekly Looking Good pages for stylish fashion to inspire.
Stripe shirt dress, £35, SimplyBe.co.uk
Shape up in style with sports clothes that flatter.