Credit: Ann Lowe; Photography: Upfront
Cupcakes to melt the heart
Preparation time: 15min
Cooking time: 20min
- Preheat oven to 180°C, Fan Oven 160°C, Gas Mark 4. Place 20 paper cases into muffin or cake tins.
- Cream butter and sugar in an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Add beaten egg a little at a time, beating well. If mix starts to curdle, add a little flour. Mix in the sifted flour at low speed. Add the strawberry jam.
- Divide the mix between the paper cases – use an ice cream scoop or a piping bag without a nozzle – filling them about half-full.
- Bake for 18-20min until golden and springy to touch. Cool for at least 10min before icing.
- Using an electric mixer beat the softened butter, cream cheese and icing sugar until light and fluffy. If too soft, add a little more sifted icing sugar. Add the pink food colouring.
- Spread or pipe onto the cooled cakes and decorate with sugar flowers or rose petals and cover with rose patterned wrappers.