These nutrient-packed no-bake flapjacks combine the flavours of California walnuts, figs, orange and cranberry for a mouthwatering snack or dessert – perfect for lunchboxes, picnics and elevenses.
Preparation: 1 hour 30min
- Grease a small, square, deep-sided baking tray with a little coconut oil and line with baking parchment.
- Place the figs in a small bowl, pour over enough hot water to cover them and leave to soak for 20min. Drain.
- Place the 120g walnuts and half the oats into a food processor and blitz until they are the texture of course sand.
- Add the orange zest, flaxseed, medjool dates, maple syrup, coconut oil and drained soaked figs to the food processor. Process until the mixture comes together into one lump.
- Tip the mixture into a mixing bowl. Add in the remaining oats and cranberries, kneading them in with your hands.
- Tip the mixture into your prepared tray and smooth down with the back of a spoon. Push the mixture well into the corners.
- Place into the fridge to set for around 1 hour, or until firm to the touch.
- Cut the raw flapjack into 16 squares using a sharp knife. Place a walnut on top of each square to serve.