A popular classic of tangy orange and chocolate over chocolate pancakes, with intensely nutty roasted hazelnuts accompanying Gu’s rich Hazelnut & Chocolate Crunchy spread.
Makes: 10-12 pancakes
Preparation time: 10min
Cooking time: 20-25min
- Mix together the Gü Spread with a little milk, then whisk in the eggs and remaining milk.
- Sift together the dry ingredients. Make a well in the middle and gradually whisk in the mixture of choc spread, milk and egg to make a smooth batter.
- Add the melted butter to the batter and fold together.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a low-medium heat and brush with a little butter.
- Pour a ladle of batter into the centre of the pan and cook for 1min each side.
- Keep warm under a clean cloth while cooking further batches with the remaining batter.
- Stack five pancakes. Smother pancakes with Gü Hazelnut & Chocolate Crunchy Spread.
- Place orange segments on and around the pancake stack, sprinkle with chopped hazelnut and drizzle with additional Gü Hazelnut Chocolate Crunchy Spread, if desired. Garnish with orange zest.