Does anything say “Italian” more emphatically than rich, nourishing minestrone soup? Here’s the authentic recipe, full of veggie goodness!
Preparation time: 10min
Cooking time: 27min
- Roughly chop carrots, onion, celery and potatoes into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add all the vegetables and the garlic, then cook over a high heat for 5min until softened.
- Stir in the double concentrate tomato purée, vegetable stock and 1 carton of chopped tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil then turn down the heat and simmer, covered, for 10min.
- Break the spaghetti into short lengths and add to the pan.
- Add the cannellini beans, then cook for a further 10min, adding shredded cabbage for the final 2min.
- Season to taste and serve with crusty bread.