We all know the recommended guidelines for frequent washing and sanitising hands during the Coronavirus pandemic. However they mean that our hands will increasingly become uncomfortably dry and flaky.
Online beauty retailer Escentual.com has come to the rescue, recommending a range of special hand creams. Covering all dry skin concerns, they can help keep our skin moisturised and supple.
You should always wash thoroughly before applying the skin cream. Also do try to avoid transferring any germs to the packaging itself.
The hand creams themselves offer no anti-viral protection. This means it’s still essential to wash thoroughly too.
All these hand creams are at good stock levels at online retailer Escentual.com. So there’s no need to bulk-buy – and there’s a range of prices to suit all budgets, too.
L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream, 30ml £7.20
- The super-smoothing 20% concentration of shea butter cocoons hands in moisture. It also provides a protective barrier against external aggressions.
- Added honey and sweet almond extracts are blended with the alluring aroma of jasmine and ylang-ylang essences for a pleasurable application experience.
- Antioxidant Vitamin E ensure the skin is protected from ageing free radicals.
Eucerin UreaRepair Plus 5% Urea Hand Cream 75ml £9.00
- Ideal for skin that is rough and cracked, this comfortable, clinically approved balm-cream formula intensely restores comfort without a sticky feeling.
- It works to bind essential moisture into the skin with a 5% concentration of the skin’s own moisturising agent urea. It also contains lactate for lasting hydration.
- After use, even very dry skin is noticeably soft and smooth, and is better protected against further moisture loss.
- To minimise the risk of skin irritation and allergies, no fragrance or colourants have been added.
La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Mains Hand Cream 50ml £7.50
- La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Mains Hand Cream restores the comfort of even the most damaged skin with its glove-like nourishment.
- The innovative formula soothes and protects sore hands, ensuring long lasting comfort with a 30% concentration of glycerine.
- An antihistamine effect is provided by a 4% concentration of Niacinamide. It reduces inflammation and prevents the formation of cracked skin.
Clarins Super Restorative Hand Cream 100ml £35.20
- Replenish the delicate, exposed skin of your hands with the Clarins Super Restorative Hand Cream. This sumptuous formula has an intelligent anti-ageing focus.
- Hands are exposed to harsh environmental influences, meaning they are often the first place that we show signs of ageing and pigmentation.
- This formula is specifically created to suit this fine skin, offering comfort, rejuvenation and protection against daily aggressors.
- Protect your hands from the elements with the Ultrasun Anti-Ageing and Anti-Pigmentation Hand Cream. Its water-resistant formula ensures all-day protection.
- The fast-absorbing Anti-Ageing and Anti-Pigmentation Hand Cream will keep hands looking youthful and radiant, day after day.
- The daily hand treatment offers high-level protection from both UVA , UVB and infrared A damage.
- Its powerful anti-ageing ingredients are suitable for the most sensitive of skin.
Miller Harris Scherzo Hand Cream 75ml £18.00
- The Miller Harris Scherzo Hand Cream is an intensely moisturising formula infused with the addictive sweet rose notes of their iconic Scherzo fragrance.
- If you’re a fan of Scherzo, and your hands are overworked, cracked and dry, then this comforting hand cream is the answer. The rich, creamy formula has been expertly designed to penetrate the thicker skin on your palm area without feeling greasy.
- Hands will feel softer, as well as delicately scented with notes of vibrant dark rose and seductive oud for a candied, warm aroma.
Do you have a favourite tried and trusted hand cream? Let us know on Facebook, or email the address in My Weekly magazine!