This homemade recipe was created by Dominic Simpson – Yes Peas! Young Pea Chef of the Year finalist 2018 (Year 9-11 category). Well done Dominic, it looks delicious!
Makes: 4 tacos
Cooking time: 25min
1. Heat a frying pan or wok with the oil, add the onion, garlic and pepper and cook for 3-4min until soft.
2. Sprinkle on the chilli and herbs and add the minced beef. Cook for 4-5min until the meat is browned. Add the tomato purée, water and seasoning (a pinch of salt & pepper) and bring to a simmer. Simmer for about 15min until the liquid has been absorbed.
3. Blend the peas in a blender until they are finely chopped up.
4. Heat the taco shells as per the pack instructions.
5. Spoon the spicy meat mixture into each taco shell. Top with the peas and sprinkle on the grated cheese. Serve with sour cream (optional). Enjoy!