The handy canned meat that helped feed the nation during WWII is still going strong today! What better way to celebrate VE Day than with tasty Spam in a cheesy, golden frittata?
Preparation Time: 10min
Cooking Time: 20min
- Place the eggs into a mixing bowl, add the milk and the salt and pepper and combine well with a fork.
- Place the cubes of SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham into a hot, dry frying pan (size approx 23cm) and fry until golden and lightly browned.
- Add the butter or oil, if using, into the hot frying pan and pour in the egg mixture.
- Keep bringing the cooked egg and SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham mixture into the centre of the pan and swirling the mixture around until the egg has formed a “pancake” but is still soft on the top, and the SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham is evenly distributed.
- Scatter on the chopped, deseeded tomatoes and finally the grated cheese.
- Place under a hot grill until the cheese is golden and bubbling and the egg is cooked through.
- Cut into slices and serve hot straight from the pan.