It’s almost Alzheimer’s Society Cupcake Day! Dementia is set to affect 1 million by 2025. Each cupcake sold on or around June 18 will help Alzheimer’s Society find a cure and improve care. Please sign up to support them. These vegan, savoury cupcakes are a deliciously healthy alternative for your event!
Preparation Time: 10min
Cooking Time: 18-20min
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, 160°C fan, Gas mark 4. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Place the flaxseed in a small bowl with 3tbsp warm water and set aside.
- Add the vinegar to the non-dairy milk and set aside.
- Sift all of the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil to the flaxseed mixture and then stir these into the non-dairy milk mixture, mixing together well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and gently mix together. Add the courgettes and tomato and mix again.
- Spoon into the paper cases and then bake for 18-20min, until lightly golden.
- Mix together the non-dairy cream cheese, half of the walnuts, the paprika and chopped chives.
- Remove the vegan cupcakes from the oven and leave to cool on a rack before topping with a dollop of the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining walnuts and top with a chive if wished.