To celebrate the launch of Guittard chocolate chips in Waitrose stores nationwide, Rosemary Shrager has reinvented the classic recipe. How can you resist them with walnuts, a tang of orange and of course lashings of rich, extra-dark chocolate…
Preparation Time: 20min
Cooking Time: 10min
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the soft butter until fluffy and pale.
- Now add the brown sugar and whisk until well incorporated. Now add half the flour with the baking powder and cocoa powder and mix well.
- Add the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla, orange zest and mix well. Now add the rest of the flour, walnuts and chocolate pieces and mix well.
- Line several baking trays with greaseproof paper. Take a rounded teaspoon of mixture and put on the tray. Continue, making sure you space the spoonfuls at least 5cm apart.
- Place into a preheated oven at 190°C/Gas mark 5 for 10min. Remove when they start to turn slightly brown around the edges. Carefully lift each cookie on to a wire rack to cool.