Who needs dairy when you can have creamy pancakes using organic coconut yoghurts and kefir.
Cocos Organic, an independent and family-run dairy free brand have whipped up this yummy Vegan Buttermilk Pancake recipe!
Preparation time: 10min
Cooking time: 10min
Serves: 4 (12 pancakes)
- Sift the flour into a large bowl, add the caster sugar, baking powder and salt and mix.
- Whisk in the melted coconut oil, vanilla extract and 375ml of the coconut milk kefir to create a smooth batter, about the consistency of thick double cream – if the batter seems a little thick, add the remaining coconut milk kefir to loosen.
- Melt a little coconut oil in a large frying pan, add a large spoonful of the batter for each pancake, you may fit 2-3 in the pan at a time. Cook over a low heat for 2-3min or until small bubbles start to appear.
- Flip over the pancakes and cook for another 2min or until pale golden and well risen.
- Transfer to a serving plate and keep warm while you repeat with the remaining batter to make 12 pancakes. Add your favourite toppings before serving.
Got an appetite for pancakes?
Fancy some more pancake recipes?
Or even discover our best pancake buys, all in our perfect pancake guide!