Make the most of fresh, seasonal fruit with this moist and delicious cake recipe from Jazz Apples. Serve with yoghurt or cream to make a mouthwatering dessert.
Preparation time: 10min
- Preheat oven to 180°C, Gas Mark 4 and lightly grease and line a 20cm springform cake tin with baking paper.
- Core and slice the JAZZ™ apples into fine slivers and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk until foamy. Add sugar and whisk to blend, then add vanilla essence.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt and mix. Combine the flour and butter with the egg mixture stirring to create a smooth batter.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold ¾ of the apples into the batter (reserve the extra for the heart shaped topping).
- Pour the apple batter into the prepared cake tin and smooth the top. Arrange the remaining apple slices on the top of the cake batter to create a heart shape.
- Bake for 45-60min until the cake is golden brown and a knife comes out clean from the centre.
- Optional: You can add a little sprinkle of cinnamon sugar over the apples before cooking, or dust with icing sugar before serving.