Take yourself to mint heaven with a velvety, chocolate dessert that’s perfect for entertaining!
Serves: approx. 10-12
Preparation time: 10min plus 1hr to chill dough before rolling
Cooking time: 15-20min
How to make After Eight Tarte:
- Mix the ingredients for the dough together briskly. Shape into a ball, flatten with your hand, cover and place in the refrigerator for 1hr.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C, Gas Mark 3.
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of baking paper and place it in a long tart tin with lifting bottom (10cm x 30cm). Press it into shape and cut off any overhanging dough with a knife. Prick the bottom of the dough several times with a fork. Place a layer of baking paper on top of the dough and fill with baking beans.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20min. Remove baking paper and beans and leave to cool.
- For the white ganache, gently heat the chocolate in a water bath. Once melted, add the cream and mix. Cool briefly and spread over the tart base. Place in the fridge to chill.
- For the dark layer, melt the chocolate in a water bath, then mix in the sugar and cream until everything has dissolved. Leave to cool and then spread on top of the white ganache. Place the After Eights on top of the dark layer. Use a Ribbon blade on a Microplane gratto, grate chocolate over the top.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 4hr before serving