- Pre-heat oven to 150C/140C fan/gas mark 2. Line a large baking tray with baking parchment, and draw a 20cm circle using a dinner plate.
- Place the egg whites in a mixing bowl and whisk until standing in soft peaks. Gradually add both the sugars followed by the cornflour and vinegar.
- Place the beaten egg white mixture in the middle of the circle and spread out, making a little dip in the middle. Cook for 1 hour, then turn the oven off and leave the meringue to cool in the oven.
- While the meringue is cooking, make the fruit topping to allow time for it to cool before assembly.
- Place the red wine, orange juice and zest, sugar and cinnamon stick into a saucepan, bring to the boil allow to bubble away for a few min.
- Reduce the heat and add the Pink Lady® apples. Cover and allow to poach gently until soft but still with a little bite, approximately 15min. Add the blackberries and take off the heat. Cover the pan and leave to cool.
- When ready to assemble whip the cream until standing in soft peaks. Carefully place the pavlova on a serving plate – don’t worry if it cracks a little – then spoon the cream into the centre of the meringue. Drain and pat the fruit dry, reserving the liquid, and arrange the fruit over the pavlova.
- Boil the reserved juices until reduced and syrupy, allow to cool then spoon over the pavlova.
It’s indulgent, it’s spectacular, but it has three kinds of fruit in it, too! Why not treat a special lady on Mother’s Day to this luxurious yet refreshing dessert?