Treat Mum to a moment of indulgence this Mother’s Day with this delicious chocolate tart recipe skillfully created by Great British Bake Off star Tom Hetherington. Bahlsen, a family-run business based in Germany, has created baked goods for 129 years.
Tom said, ‘’For this recipe I used the milk chocolate Choco Leibniz biscuits. However their Chocolate Orange, Dark Chocolate, White Chocolate or Caramel Biscuits would all make a delicious substitute.’’
Preparation time: 15min
Chilling time: 2 hours
- For the base, crush the Choco Leibniz biscuits with a rolling pin until they resemble chocolaty breadcrumbs and then stir in the melted butter.
- Divide the biscuit crumbs between the bottom of two individual dishes and press down with the back of a spoon. Chill in the fridge while preparing the filling.
- Place the cream in a saucepan and heat until almost simmering.
- Add the chopped chocolate to the cream, along with the vanilla and butter. Stir until the chocolate has melted and you have a smooth, glossy mixture.
- Gently spoon dollops of the mixture over the biscuit crumbs.
- Tap on your work surface to level the top, and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from the fridge and sprinkle the top of the tarts with cocoa powder.
- To serve, place each chocolate tart on a plate, along with 4 or 5 raspberries. Pour over a healthy volume of double cream, and enjoy!