Craving that luscious combination of coffee and cream? This vegan tiramisu is a fresh spin on the Italian classic. With only two delicious layers, it can be made ahead, ready to whip out on demand!
Preparation time: 20min+20min soaking
Freezing time: 4hrs
- For the crust: In a food processor, grind the walnuts or oats, salt and coffee until they resemble a coarse flour. Add the dates and process until they are smooth and the mixture forms a ball. You may need to add 1-2tsp water to help the mixture blend more easily.
- Line a 23cm (9-inch) spring form cake tin or loaf tin with parchment paper. Press the crust into the bottom of the tin and press down evenly to give a smooth layer. Place in the freezer until the filling is ready.
- For the filling: Soak 75g cashews and the coconut in boiling hot water for 20min. Drain water and add cashews and coconut to a high-speed blender.
- Add the remaining filling ingredients to the blender and blend until completely smooth. Taste and adjust the flavours as desired.
- Pour the filling on top of the frozen crust. Place back in the freezer for 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve: Dust with cocoa powder and sprinkle with cacao nibs or sprinkles.
- Serve the vegan tiramisu frozen, or slightly softened from the fridge.
This recipe is devised by the team at Vega. High in protein, with 25g per serving, Vega powder is a plant-based blend of pea, ﬂaxseed and hemp. It contains a protein-digesting enzyme from pineapple and is low in sugars.
You’ll find Vega powder in Holland & Barrett, Whole Foods Market and Planet Organic stores, as well as Amazon. You can simply blend through morning oats, shake in a smoothie or use in baking. You can also follow the team on Instagram, @vegateam_uk