This delicious creation by Francesco Mazzei combines grilled baby gem lettuce, Grana Padano cheese and crispy pancetta. It’s full of the flavours of Mediterranean sunshine!
Preparation Time: 15min
Cooking Time: 41min
- Place the pancetta on a tray and cook in a pre-heated oven at 150C for 40min.
- Next, make the dressing by combining the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, Grana Padano Riserva and saffron powder. Whisk until blended and bright yellow, for about 30secs.
- Put the lettuce and chicory in a bowl, drizzle with a little of the olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Place a griddle pan on a high heat. Griddle the lettuce and chicory for 30secs-1min per side or until slightly charred.
- Assemble the salad by placing the baby gem lettuce and chicory on a plate. Pile on the crispy pancetta and Grana Padano Riserva flakes, and drizzle the dressing and oil over the top.