Tuck in with super-health-conscious Olympic diver Tom Daley and enjoy this simple, balanced lunch with the goodness of eggs!
Preparation time: 10min
Cooking time: 4min
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters. Finely slice the red onion. Roughly chop the parsley. Mix together with ½tbsp olive oil and the red wine vinegar, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Mix the crushed garlic with the rye bread crumbs. Heat 1-2tsp olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Once hot, add the garlic and rye crumbs, season and toast for 2min until crispy and fragrant. Set aside.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, turn down the heat to a gentle simmer and slowly crack the eggs in, one at a time. Simmer for 2min exactly. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Put the baby spinach into the bottom of a bowl, top with most of the tomato salad, both poached eggs and finish off with the remaining tomato salad and the garlic rye crumbs. Season again with salt and pepper and eat immediately with a slice of toasted rye bread on the side.
- You could substitute boiled eggs for poached eggs, assemble in a plastic container and take to work for lunch, or to the gym for a post-workout snack.