Kale, rice and toasted California Walnuts are the base for this healthy bowl. Toss with a chipotle lime vinaigrette and top with salmon, avocado, beans, peppers and coriander.
Eating a handful of California Walnuts a day (30g) can help maintain normal blood cholesterol levels. They can also help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. Award-winning dietitian Sian Porter and heart health charity HEART UK have both given this recipe the ‘heart healthy’ seal of approval!
Preparation Time: 20min
Cooking Time: 6-8min
- Whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. (May be prepared several days ahead.)
- Cook salmon in a well-oiled frying pan over medium-high heat for 3-4min on each side until just cooked through. Remove from the pan and take off the skin. Let the fish cool, then cut into 1.5cm pieces.
- Mix kale and brown rice together in a large bowl and toss with vinaigrette. Place equal amounts on one side of 4 large salad bowls.
- Place equal amounts of California Walnuts, salmon, black beans, peppers, avocado and onion on the other side of the bowl.
- Garnish with coriander and additional walnuts.