Aldi’s Chicken Cashew Curry recipe is a fakeaway favourite, full of healthy fresh ingredients, including garlic and coriander
Preparation time: 15min
Cooking time: 30min
- Place 100g cashews into a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and soak for 10min.
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan or wok, add the onions, garlic, cinnamon, ginger and curry powder, and fry gently for 2min, stirring regularly.
- Add the chicken to the pan and fry until golden.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, simmer for 15min.
- Drain the soaked cashews, discarding the water, and place into a blender along with the yogurt.
- Blend until smooth.
- Remove the curry from the heat and stir in the yogurt and cashew mix.
- Add salt to taste.
- Toast the remaining 50g cashew nuts in a small frying pan over a gentle heat until golden.
- Cook the rice according to pack instructions and serve alongside the curry.
- Scatter the toasted cashew nuts and coriander over the curry before serving, along with the lime segments.