With prices rising and a smaller choice of fresh food, here’s a hearty, delicious recipe from Just Add Mushrooms that makes use of store cupboard ingredients and happens to be healthily vegan too!
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and add the orzo. Cook according to the instructions on the packet and drain, reserving about half the cooking liquid
- Meanwhile, heat a sauté pan with the olive oil and add the onion, garlic and paprika. Season with salt and cook on a medium heat for about 5min until soft
- Add the mushrooms, stir well and cook until soft. You could also add a splash of red wine now if you fancy.
- Tip in the butter beans and tomato purée then add the orzo with the reserved cooking water. Gently mix all together and cook for a few minutes.
- Serve garnished with lots of chopped fresh parsley if you have any.