Rediscover the delicious combination of crisp pastry and rich, savoury filling with this meat-free favourite from Carr’s Flour. Perfect for a leisurely lunch in the garden!
Preparation Time: 25min
Cooking Time: 35min
- Preheat the oven 180˚C (Fan 160˚C, Gas Mark 4).
- Rub the butter into the ﬂour until it feels and looks like breadcrumbs. Add enough water to bring the mixture together to form a ball. Wrap in cling ﬁlm and rest for 15min.
- Roll out pastry on a ﬂoured surface and line a 20cm ﬂuted tin, pressing carefully. Cut away excess pastry. Put into the fridge to chill.
- Steam the spinach until just wilted. Leave to cool and dry slightly.
- Whisk the eggs together and season with salt (not too much – the feta will add saltiness), pepper and nutmeg. Cut the feta into chunks and add to the mix.
- Add the cooked spinach and stir, then spoon into the pastry case. Sprinkle the pine nuts on top.
- Bake on the middle shelf for 35min or until set. Serve warm or cold.