Bring some delicious Middle Eastern flavours to your al-fresco dining! Warmly spiced lamb is offset beautifully by fresh herbs, crushed peas and cool yogurt.
Preparation Time: 20min + 1hr chilling + 3omin soaking
Cooking Time: 10-15min
- Grate the onion, squeeze out most of the liquid through a sieve and put in a large bowl. Finely chop the parsley and mint and add to the onion. Mix in the lamb, spices and salt until thoroughly combined. Shape into 4 kofta patties, cover and chill for at least an hour.
- Meanwhile, rinse the bulgur wheat in a sieve until the water runs clear. Drain well and transfer to a bowl. Pour over 200ml of boiling water, cover with cling film and leave to soak for 30min.
- Cover the peas in boiling water, strain, and pulse in a blender until coarsely crushed.
- Put the chopped herbs in a large bowl and add the tomato, spring onion, cucumber and crushed peas.
- Thoroughly drain the bulgur wheat, then add to the herb mixture along with the lemon zest and juice, garlic and olive oil. Mix thoroughly and season with salt and pepper.
- To make the rose yogurt, mix the harissa paste into the yogurt and leave to one side.
- Heat a frying pan, greased with a little oil. Cook the kofta patties until golden brown on all sides.
- Serve immediately with the rose yogurt and tabbouleh.