This would make a lovely lunch on Valentine’s Day. To make the pink pickled onions, place some finely sliced red onion into a small jar with a few tablespoons of the vinegar from a jar of pickled beetroot. Leave to pickle for at least 30 minutes. Coupled with the Ballymaloe Original Relish, it gives a lovely added layer of flavour to the tacos.
Cooking time: 25min
- Place a heavy griddle pan over a medium heat.
- Lay the chicken breast on a chopping board and flatten with your palm. Slice horizontally to butterfly the breast.
- Toss the chicken in a little olive oil then season the chicken with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Preheat a pan-grill, fry the chicken on the griddle until completely cooked, turning halfway through. Set aside to rest before slicing.
- Warm the tortillas by placing them on a dry, hot frying pan
- Once warmed through, fill each tortilla with strips of chicken, slices of avocado and fresh coriander.
- Spoon a dollop of Ballymaloe Original Relish over each taco and scatter some finely chopped jalapenos and pickled onions over the top. Serve right away with lime wedges.