This is an effortless, easy-to-prepare alternative to a traditional Easter lamb roast, cooked quickly for a pink finish, giving tender results with an added layer of flavour provided by the sharp, yet sweet authentic Tracklements Tangy Cumberland Sauce
Cooking time: 1hr (plus extra resting time)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, Gas Mark 4.
- Put the lamb in a large roasting dish and rub all over with a generous amount of oil, salt and pepper (to taste).
- Put it in the oven for 30-40min depending on how pink you like your lamb (and how thinly the leg has been butterflied).
- Remove the lamb from the oven, drain any liquid from the base of the roasting dish. Brush the Tracklements Tangy Cumberland Sauce all over the lamb (top and bottom) and leave it fat side up in the roasting tin and cook for a further 20min, then remove from oven.
- Leave to rest for 10-15min and serve with creamy mustardy mash and spring greens.