Give your dish a spring-fresh flavour using in-season asparagus which is plentiful from April to June…
Cooking time: 40min
- Heat the oil and butter in a deep frying pan over a low heat.
- Add the onion and sweat gently for 10min.
- Add the rice and garlic and cook for 2min.
- Add the wine and bubble for 2min.
- Put the stock in a pan over a very low heat. Gradually add the stock to the rice, stirring frequently, until the rice is al dente.
- This will take around 18-20min over a low heat.
- Around 5min before it’s ready, add the peas and asparagus stems and tips.
- When the rice is cooked, stir in the pesto and cover with a clean tea towel for 5min.
- Ladle into bowls and spoon the ricotta on top before serving.