Sounds too sweet? Don’t be fooled. If you’re looking for a veggie barbie alternative, the peppers, mustard seeds and chilli in this Tracklements relish will have your taste buds tingling in two ticks.
Preparation Time: 15min + 30min chilling
Cooking Time: 65min
- Heat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Pierce the sweet potatoes, place on a baking tray and bake for 45min until really soft. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Scoop out the “flesh” of the potato and put in a bowl. Add 3tbsp of Tracklements Sweet Pepper Relish. Mash together with the cumin and ground coriander, sweetcorn, fresh coriander and half of the polenta and season to taste.
- Shape the mixture into 10 burgers. The mixture will be quite soft. Carefully dip each one into the remaining polenta and dust off any excess. Place burgers on oiled baking trays and chill for at least 30min.
- When the flames on the barbecue have died down to white embers, place a large, well-oiled non-stick frying pan or sturdy baking tray on top of the bars. Cook the burgers in the pan or on the tray for 10min each side until nicely browned.
- Serve in buns halved and warmed on the barbie just to add a bit of smoky flavour. Pop a burger into the bun, top with Tracklements Sweet Pepper Relish, a slice of red onion and lettuce.