It’s plum season! Go beyond crumble and make this gorgeous, simple frozen dessert with local seasonal fruit and Bonraw sugar.
Preparation Time: 30min + 4hr 40min freezing
Cooking Time: 10min
- Wash the plums thoroughly and soak in baking soda and water for about 10min. Rinse them under running water and cut into small chunks.
- Whip the cream with 2tbsp BONRAW panela sugar. Separately mix the yogurt with the condensed milk.
- Add the whipped cream to the yogurt and condensed milk mixture, mixing from bottom to top. Pour the creamy mixture into an airtight container and place in the freezer for about 40min.
- Meanwhile, add about 230g of plums and 2tbsp of BONRAW panela sugar to a saucepan. Heat over low heat for about 10min, stirring constantly until you get a soft compote.
- Let the compote cool in the fridge for about 10min – it should not be hot. Then add to the compote the rest of the plums and 30g almond flakes.
- In the meantime the cream mixture will have thickened slightly – not into ice cream, but spoonable. Place a layer of cream mixture in a loaf tin (if using a rigid pan tin, line it with clingfilm, it will be easier to take out the semifreddo). Then add a few spoonfuls of cold compote, spacing evenly.
- Add another layer of cream mixture and more spoonfuls of plum and almond compote. Continue in this way until all ingredients are used up. Place in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
- Take the semifreddo out of the tin and decorate with plum wedges, almond flakes, and fresh mint.