This soup is the perfect nourishing bowl for chilly days. The apple works so well paired with the hearty flavour of the celeriac.
I love sprinkling on top a handful of my Savoury Granola to add a little texture and some skin-glowing healthy fats. Trust me, it’s really delicious and is the perfect crunchy topping to add to so many different dishes.
I have used walnuts as the base as they are such a powerhouse of healthy fats and omega-3. I have also added pumpkin, sunflower and sesame seeds all bursting with beautifying minerals.
Preparation Time: 30min
Cooking Time: 30min (soup) + 35min (granola)
- To make the granola: preheat the oven to 150°C. In a small bowl, mix the ground flaxseed with the water. Let it sit for 5min until you have a gloopy consistency.
- In a large bowl mix together the walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, spices, salt and pepper. Pour over the olive oil and the flaxseed mixture and mix everything together.
- Spread on a baking tray covered with some parchment paper and bake in the oven for 30min until golden.
- To make the soup: Add the coconut oil to a large pan and once hot, add in the chopped shallots, ginger and garlic. Cook on a medium heat until the onion starts to caramelise, about 5min.
- Add in the chopped celeriac and chopped apple and give it a good stir. Add in cumin powder and mix again. Pour in the veggie stock. Bring it to a boil and the turn it down to a simmer. Put the lid on and cook the soup for 25min.
- Once the soup is cooked, transfer it to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Serve with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, the savoury granola and some finely chopped apple and flat leaf parsley.