Some Easy Peasy Baking could be just what we all need to get us rolling our sleeves up. Try this deliciously fruity, simple pud to make everyone smile!
Preparation Time: 15min
Cooking Time: min
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the 175g unsalted butter and 200g caster sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, followed by the 200g plain flour and baking powder. Mix with an electric hand mixer until a thick, smooth batter is achieved.
- Line a deep 25cm cake tin with parchment. Pour in the batter and spread evenly. Then arrange the plum segments in a layer on top.
- Clean out the mixing bowl to use for the crumble topping.
- Rub the 75g unsalted butter and 100g plain flour between your fingertips until a crumb consistency is achieved, then work in the light brown sugar. Scatter the crumble evenly over the top of the plums, then place the cake in the oven for 1 hour, checking and rotating after 45min.
- Allow to cool before removing from the tin, dusting with icing sugar (optional). Serve as it is or enjoy as a dessert with custard, cream or ice cream.
Recipe from the Easy Peasy Baking campaign, launched by UK Flour Millers, making baking simple. Find more Easy Peasy Baking recipes and information at fabflour.co.uk/easy-peasy-bakes/ or on social: @fab_flour on Instagram or @fabflour on Facebook and Twitter.