An impressive plateful, packed with flavour and superfood goodness! Find out more about good mood food here.
Preparation Time: 20min
Cooking Time: 1hr 10min
- For the sweet potatoes: Bake the sweet potatoes in an oven (180°C fan) for around 50min or until they are cooked through. Once cool enough to hold, cut them open and scoop out the flesh into a bowl. Add the chipotle paste and 2tbsp olive oil and season. Mix together well.
- For the salsa: Heat a deep frying pan and add 2tbsp olive oil. Add the onions, garlic, sweetcorn, and season. Cook for 4-5min until the onions start to soften.
- Add the black beans and cumin and cook for 2-3 min.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the tomatoes, lime juice and coriander. Taste and adjust the seasoning if required.
- For the salmon: Slice down the centre of the salmon portion (lengthways), try not to slice through the skin. Open the salmon (it should have a butterfly shape). Sprinkle with the BBQ rub if using, and then brush with a little olive oil. (The dish works just as well with natural salmon. There’s plenty of flavour throughout the dish)
- Heat up a grill pan or frying pan. Cook the salmon on a medium heat for 3-4min before turning it over. Cook for a further 3-4min or until the salmon is cooked.
- To serve, place the sweet potato mash on the plate, placing the salmon on top. Spoon the salsa over the salmon and around the plate.
Find more delicious recipes – often healthy, sometimes indulgent! – every week in My Weekly magazine. Just £1.60 from newsagents and supermarkets, or subscribe for a great saving.