A rich mix of authentic spices, lemon, tomato and creamy coconut – no one will guess this dish is meat-free!
Preparation & Cooking Time: 1hr
- Place all marinade ingredients (bar Meatless Farm chicken) in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Pop your Meatless Farm chicken chunks into a bowl, pour over your marinade, mix and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large, deep, non-stick pan over a high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until golden and translucent, stirring so that nothing catches.
- Reduce to a medium-high heat, add the chillies, ginger paste, cumin, coriander and brown sugar. Cook for a few more min until fragrant and caramelised. Add the tinned tomatoes, coconut cream and salt and simmer for 15min.
- While your sauce is simmering away, remove your Meatless Farm chicken chunks from the marinade and pierce onto soaked wooden skewers. Pop your remaining marinade to one side ready for later.
- Oil your griddle pan and place over a high heat. Once smoking, add your Meatless skewers and cook for a few min until slightly blackened before flipping and cooking for a further 3min.
- Remove your skewers from the griddle pan and once slightly cooled remove ”chicken” chunks from skewers before adding to the simmering sauce, along with the remaining marinade mixture and lemon juice. Simmer for a further 5-10min.
- Serve into bowls, sprinkle with chopped cashews, crispy onions and coriander and enjoy alongside all of your favourite Indian sides.