As recommended by Marc Williams, Cookery School Director at The Grand, York, these punchy spiced skewers will lift your barbecue to the next level!
Preparation Time: 15min
Cooking Time: 8min + 30min-12hrs marinating
Makes: 4 skewers
- Combine the yoghurt, lemon juice and garlic. Season and split the mixture in two, keeping half to serve with the cooked meat.
- Stir all the spices (cumin, coriander, turmeric and allspice) into the remaining yoghurt mixture.
- Score the lamb fillet lightly with a knife and cut into chunks. Coat the meat evenly with the spiced yoghurt mixture. Allow to sit for 30min at room temperature, or cover and chill for up to 12hrs.
- Feed the chunks onto the skewers, alternating with a Padron pepper.
- Place the skewers onto the barbecue for 4min per side, or until the lamb has reached 60°C and achieved a good char and colour.
- Serve with the remaining yoghurt and wilted seasonal greens or salad.
Marc’s Top Tip: “Temperature control of both the barbecue and the internal temperature of the meat is vital. Medium rare is a temperature, not guesswork! So, invest in a temperature probe which will allow you to get consistent results every time.”