Serve this up to the one you love this Valentine’s Day…
Preparation time: 5min
Cooking time: 8min
- Use a large heart shaped cutter to press out 4 hearts from the slices of bread. Alternatively make a heart shaped paper template and carefully cut around.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs, caster sugar and vanilla together.
- Add the heart shaped bread and leave to soak for a few minutes, turning so the egg soaks into the bread.
- Push two thirds of the raspberries through a sieve to make a purée and sweeten to taste with sugar.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan, add a little oil and add the hearts, two at a time, and cook for 2min on each side until golden. Transfer to a plate and cook the remainder.
- To serve, stack up the hearts, top with raspberries, spoon the raspberry sauce onto the plate and dust with icing sugar.