There are a number of amazing Greek honey desserts you can enjoy apart from the classic baklava. This sumptuous honey cheesecake with ricotta cheese and cinnamon has a pastry base rather than a crumbly one – easier to eat with your hands!
- Firstly, create your pastry base. Add 2tbsp sugar to your flour in a large bowl and add your butter (diced into small cubes). Rub the flour and butter together until it forms a crumb; then, add water one tablespoon at a time and knead the dough.
- When the dough has come together and holds, you’re done! Let your pastry rest in the fridge for 30min. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Once rested, roll your pastry on a floured surface. Line a 9-inch tin with your thinly rolled pastry and blind-bake it in the oven (place tin foil on top of the pastry and baking beans on top of that) for 10min. Then, remove your tin foil/baking beans and bake for another 5min.
- While your pastry is blind-baking, beat your eggs in a large bowl until the mix thickens. Gradually add 4tbsp sugar, 1tbsp flour and the cinnamon. Finally, mix in your honey and fold in your ricotta cheese until everything is combined. If you fancy a stronger cinnamon flavour, add some more!
- Fill your pastry case with the mix and bake for 50-60min. Ovens differ though, so keep an eye on your cheesecake! You’re looking for it to have a golden top.
- Set your cheesecake in the fridge to chill overnight. Next day, decorate with walnuts and some final drizzles of honey.