Enjoy a berry-licious British blueberry kombucha cocktail this summer developed by nutritionist Emma Hanton and Olympian Dame Jessica Ennis-Hill. It’s refreshingly thirst quenching and can be made with or without alcohol.
Preparation time: 15min
This summer cocktail has been made using premium British blueberries, which are low in calories, and high in fibre, vitamin C and vitamin K. These super berries have also been shown to directly boost heart health and increase antioxidant levels in your body which aids brain function.
- Make the compote first. Add the British Blueberries, water, maple syrup and lime juice to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Simmer the blueberries for 15min, until mostly broken down. Mash occasionally with a wooden spoon throughout cooking.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Add a spoonful of the cooled compote to the bottom of each glass.
- Add some ice cubes and one measure of gin (if using) to each glass.
- Top each glass up with a 50/50 mix of kombucha and sparkling water.
- Finish each glass with a lime wedge and a few fresh blueberries.