For a twist on traditional fayre for Burn Nights, why not try these haggis bon bons created by Scottish chef Jacqueline O’Donnell from the Great British Menu
Makes: 12 bon bons
Cooking time: 20min
- Pre heat oven to 180°C, Fan Oven 160°C, Gas Mark 5.
- Chop up haggis and mash whilst raw, then shape into 12 small bon bon shapes.
- Roll into flour then coat in beaten egg then roll in the breadcrumbs until coated.
- Spray an oven tray lightly with oil and place bon bons on top. Cook in the oven for 15-20min until golden brown.
- Meanwhile chop beetroot and put in a blender. Add the Crabbie’s to make a soft purée and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When serving add a teaspoon of apple sauce just to secure the bon bon on the plate and serve the beetroot purée at the side. You can also serve with a side salad.