For an Easter cake that’s defnitely a cut above, why not treat yourself to this luscious creation from Arctic Iced Coffee?
Preparation time: 40min
Cooking time: 35min
- Heat the oven to 160ºC, Fan Oven 140ºC, Gas Mark 3.
- Grease and line two 20cm Victoria sponge tins.
- Heat 200ml of the Arctic Iced Coffee in a pan until just steaming and stir in the coffee granules. Retain the rest of the Arctic Iced Coffee for the icing.
- Turn off the heat and add the chopped chocolate and butter to the pan. Stir until the butter and chocolate are melted. If they don’t quite melt from the heat of the coffee, put the pan back on the hob and warm gently.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour and sugar, making sure there are no lumps. In another bowl, beat the eggs.
- Pour the chocolate and the eggs into the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula until everything is combined.
- Divide the batter between the two tins and bake for 35-40min until the cakes are risen and cooked through.
- Allow the cakes to cool a little in the tins, then turn out onto a wire rack to go cold.
- To make the fudge icing, heat the remaining Arctic Iced Coffee with the cream until just steaming.
- Put the chopped chocolate into a bowl and pour the steaming cream mixture over. Stir until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Add the icing sugar to the bowl and whisk until thickened.
- Upturn one cake onto a serving plate and spread with some icing. Place the other cake on top and spread with the remaining icing, spreading evenly down the sides. If the icing is difficult to spread, warm a pallet knife in hot water and use that to spread gently.
- Decorate the top of the Easter cake with chocolate eggs and Easter treats.