So pretty for Easter, or just a little treat for the family, these cupcakes from food influencer and cooking enthusiast Bintu Hardy, Recipes from a Pantry and Influencer Matchmaker, uses ingredients you’ll find in your storecupboard.
Makes: 16 cupcakes
Cooking time: 20-25mins
- Preheat the oven to 170°C, Fan Oven 150°C, Gas Mark 2 and line two cupcake trays with 16 cases in total.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Then whisk in the eggs, one at a time before adding in the beetroot.
- Mix together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, cardamom and salt in another bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix until well combined.
- Pour the cupcake batter into the prepared cases and bake for approximately 20-25min or until a skewer inserted into the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the icing, beat the butter until really soft, then beat in the cream cheese and icing.
- Decorate the cooled cupcakes with the cream cheese icing and complete with flowers or toppings of your choice.
For a showstopping Easter cake, and many more Easter recipes, pick up the latest My Weekly Special, out now!